Lisa and her Underdog

Lisa and her Underdog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

The 13th?

Hello friends,

As you all know, I am very sadden to see Peter Capaldi leave Doctor Who after only being in since late 2013. I was so excited to hear the announcement that he was taking over the role of everyone's favorite Time Lord, The Doctor, that I cried! I believe he should stay in for at least one more season given the fact that there will be a new companion, a new show runner, and a new head writer. I don't believe that he had a chance to really shine. As much as I love Clara, the whole Danny story line was horrible and it made me really dislike her character. I was happy to see her go and give Peter Capaldi a chance to shine without Clara. Don't get me wrong, I also love Jenna Coleman, but she wasn't given the best material to work with the last few years. Her story line was rough and it did nothing for The Doctor except make me feel sorry for him that he is stuck running around with this girl. He needed the fresh breath of a new companion, and he will get that chance for one season only and then will exit on the Christmas special as per tradition.

A lot of "band wagon" fans were very upset to have Peter Capaldi take over after Matt Smith, and David Tenant. They said he was too old to play this character when no one was more prepared or better to handle this role.He is the only actor to have ever been young enough to watch all The Doctors while he was growing up. He started a fan club and wrote to the magazine for years. He was a guest star on Doctor Who, and Torchwood. There has never been a better choice. Now, he is leaving and he will be sorely missed, as every single doctor has been before him. The question is, who will take over this role? People are already taking bets, but as a fan, I have really thought about this, and these are the people I think could be a great Doctor. Some of these are pipe dreams and may be a bit out there, but these are some people that I would enjoy in the role...if anyone ever asks me!


1. Tom Hughes:

I don't know much about Tom Hughes outside of what I have seen him in "Victoria" where he plays Prince Albert. What I have seen, I really like. I think that he plays a great character and gives Albert a lot of life. He makes him unlikable and likable at the same time. He makes him also seem a bit alien. I think he would bring a lot of life to The Doctor. 



2. Chris O'Dowd:

Of course, I have seen Chris O'Dowd on the IT Crowd and several other movies. I really love watching him. He is very likable, funny, and has versatility. My eye always goes to him while he is on the screen, and I think he needs to be in more films and TV shows even if he doesn't get the role of The Doctor. 


3: Richard Ayoda:
Another vet of the IT Crowd is Richard Ayoda. He has also been in lots of movies and TV shows and is highly likable. I also love watching him, and want to see him do more! He is truly funny and I think he would make an interesting Time Lord. 



4. Tom Hiddleston:

Pipe Dream! I don't think he will ever take the role, but who could be better? Not many.


5, Idris Elba:

From Luther to The Office, this man knows how to act! He would make The Doctor both terrifying and amazing!! 



6. Olivia Coleman:
Olivia Coleman has been in Doctor Who before and stars alongside David Tenant in Broadchurch. She is one bad ass lady and I would love to see her take over The Doctor! 



7: Viola Davis:
Another amazing, bad ass chick! She can do no wrong and I basically believe she is a Goddess. 

8. David Thewlis:
I saw someone mention David Thewlis as a potential Doctor, and my first reaction was, of course! He would be an amazing Doctor! 


9. Ian Mckelian:
Pipe Dream, because no one could do it better...except maybe....


10. Patrick Stewart:
Pipe Dream, but he would be amazing!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment