Lisa and her Underdog

Lisa and her Underdog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Conspiracy Theory 101: The first step is admitting you're a nut:

    I love conspiracy theories. If you didn't know that, then we have never met. If that is the case, nice to meet you, and thanks for stopping by. I realized that there are thousands upon thousands of random conspiracy theories all over the net ranging from gas prices, to global conflict, to toothpaste. Any nut can rant about whatever they want. Today I looked in the mirror and said to myself: "Lisa, why can't you do that too? Today, I will become one of those nuts."

    I know what you are thinking. Lisa, if you are a true conspiracy theorist, you do understand that putting your thoughts down in a form where anyone can read them means that you are on their radar now. I would simply pat your hand, offer you a hot beverage, and say: "Dear friend, I've been on the radar for years. Most likely, friend so have you. Would you like a refill?"
(Let me first start off by saying that I am not nor ever have been under the influence of illegal drugs, or alchol. I don't drink, and I barely take OTC meds. This crazy is all me and I don't need anything to inhance it. Being a conpiracy theorist is a fun hobby to have and I don't need anything to get in the way of that.)
So, how does one become a conspiracy nut, and who is "Them," "They" "The Goverment?" All in due time....

     My story starts off like many who began a lifelong love of all things conspiracy. I didn't trust what I was told, and I was blessed with what my Mom likes to call, "a very vivid and active imagaination." Very early childhood memories flood when I try to pinpoint what exactly started it, but a few stick out.

    One: When I was about 4, I announced to my Dad that the war in Vietnam was still going on. Dad was a former Air Force officer and I grew up hearing interesting stories that would also help shape my crazy. My Dad tried to calmly explain to me that I must have seen something on TV. Just because you see it on TV doesn't mean that it is real, or happening right now. But it was the early 80's. Guess what,check your history books. I was right. Yep, crazy sometimes finds the truth....but not always....

   Two: I have an\ older brother, Aaron. Aaron has always challenged me to question everything, mostly because it annoyed him when /I asked him the same question over and over again. Also, I always questioned his motivies. Why did he want me to come over there? Did he have some candy for me? Did he want to play Star Wars? Or did he want to break a waterballoon over my head? I never knew but I would always question, question, question. He also has what my Mom likes to call, "An Artistic Mind." Instead of looking at a photograph and seeing smiling people in the foreground, he would see the shadows. He taught me that the photographer wants you to focus here, but what is he or she trying to hide over to the side? He also has a bit of a conspiracy mind. He once tried to convince me that sleeping is nothing but a habbit that is learned. That was a FUN week, let me tell ya.

      Three: Star Wars/ Yes, the movie.Do I need to say more?

     Four: Sunday School. When I was in first grade Sunday school, I had a very nice teacher who's name escapes me, but poor soul couldn't handle the likes a small conspiracy theorist in the making. I got "asked to leave" on more than one occasion because I didn't believe that the "answers" I was given were the right ones. I think I just exhasted to poor lady, and for that I am sorry. I'm sure that someday if I ever get to be a teacher, I'll get my payback! The questions were simple: Who wrote the Bible? What was Jesus' middle name? Who created God? What I learned from this whole experience is that the anwers aren't the most important thing. It's the questions and the journey you take to get to a place where you believe that you've found the answers. Great teacher.
     
   Five: (and last because I'm sure you are itching to find out what my theories are just as much as I'm itching to write about them...lol) There are many things that I was taught in English class that I love, but chose to ignore, like puncation and grammer. I actually wrote on a paper to a teacher ( i think it was Miss H) once that my grammer and puncation were fine because I'm an artist. Those rules of puncation puts restrictions on my creativity and I will not be limited. Needless to say, that didn't go over to well, but it got a huge laugh out of my parents. I didn't think it was funny. Anywho....One thing I did take to heart was point of view narrative. One place POV didn't belong was anything that was supposed to be unbiased such as a report, or a text book. So imagine my HORROR when I opened my pages to my 6th grade history book and saw the words: "I think" in black and white. "I think!!!!!!" In a history book!!!!!!! There is no room for an opinon in my history book.. When I took the book to my teacher and told her we needed to get a new one because this Must be a mistake she told me to ignore it. IGNORE IT? Are you kidding me? If somebody is putting their opinon of what happened in historical events in a 6th grade book, then whos to say that someone hasn't added their own take in grown-up history?

      Nope, that did it. I would never trust what was said to be the truth again. I tried to stop causing these poor teachers heart ache, because I realized that it wasn't their fault at all. They were working with what they were told to teach. So then I asked, who's making them teach this? Why are we learning this and not that?

     Why? Why? Why? Who is the machine?

        And a connspiracy theorist was born, and ready to go into the battle armed with my research, and my "creative mind" in order to find what I would deem the truth. The more I dig, the more questions I find. The thing is, everything is just one small part of a bigger picture. There is nothing I love more than discecting a story and finding it's core, so that is what a conpsiracy theorist to me is. And what I will continue to be until there are no more questions that need an answer.
Or if i get board......
Part One: Background in a "Creative Mind:"

No comments:

Post a Comment